Since 2005, our attorneys have practiced Employment Law exclusively. We know the law, and we have the practical experience to back it up. Our attorneys have argued and tried cases in the state courts of Dallas, Collin, Denton, Ellis, and Hunt Counties; the Federal courts across Texas, Arizona, Michigan and California; in private arbitrations across Texas; in the appellate courts of the 5th, 6th, 8th, and 9th Circuit Federal Courts of Appeals, and in the United States Supreme Court.
We are Board Certified in Labor & Employment law. Board Certified lawyers are the only attorneys allowed to publicly represent themselves as specialists in a select area of the law. This designation is reserved for attorneys with the highest, public commitment to excellence in their area of law. According to the TBLS, it means we have "substantial, relevant experience" in employment law, as well as "demonstrated, and tested, special competence" in the area. There are more than 70,000 attorneys licensed to practice in Texas. Less than 10% are Board Certified.
We don't use experience as a crutch, and we never stop learning. That's why we're members of the College of the State Bar of Texas. The College recognizes lawyers who maintain and enhance their professional skills, and the quality of their service to the public, by significant voluntary participation in legal education. That means we go above-and-beyond the minimum attorney education requirements - always striving to improve and to better assist our clients.
Peer & Client Recognition
All attorneys in the firm have both been recognized by their peers as "Rising Stars" in the area of employment law for several years running. The "Rising Star" title is a sub-category of Super Lawyers - a rating service created by Thomson Reuters. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in a state are named to Rising Stars list. We've also achieved a "Superb" (10 out of 10) rating on avvo.com - a rating system that includes peer and client evaluations. We've achieved an individual listing in the "Best Lawyers in America" for 2016 and 2017, in the field of Employment Law - Individuals. Inclusion in Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer-review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues. Finally, in 2017, the Firm was ranked by U.S. News as a "Best Law Firm" in the DFW area for Employment Law for Individuals.
Modern, Efficient Methods
It's often said that lawyers are slow to change. We reject that tradition, embracing technology as a tool to help us serve our clients more efficiently. In our years of practice, we've identified many outdated methods in the practice of law. At Tremain Artaza, we aim to fix them. Here are just a few of our improvements:
- Easy, Real-Time Scheduling. Our clients usually reach out to us in times of crisis. The traditional model is slow and cumbersome - requiring clients them to leave email or phone messages, wait for a call-back, or cross-check calendars through an assistant. Recognizing the frequent need for immediate assistance, we've implemented a do-it-yourself online scheduling system. Now, potential clients can schedule themselves, and know immediately how soon they can be seen.
- Secure Cloud-Based Access. Our clients frequently want updates on the status of their cases, or to review documents that have arrived in our office. Unfortunately, we are not always available -we might be meeting with other clients, attending court, or traveling. It's frustrating for clients to wait for a call-back, or to schedule an in-office appointment. That's why we use secure, cloud-based storage systems for our case documents, and take advantage of online docket monitoring systems. Our clients can check on their case filings, and review their important documents - anytime, anywhere.
- Electronic Payment Options. Many law firms still require old-fashioned forms of payment: cash, paper checks, or telephone-based credit card processing. While we do accept these forms of payment, we don't require them. We prefer the ease of electronic payment processing - our clients can get their invoices via email, and pay online with a debit or credit card. We use only use secure processors to give our clients peace of mind.
Honest, Upfront Billing
We believe that lawyers should not be in the business of sales. Too often, individuals sign up for a lawsuit, or sign-over a percentage of their recoveries, without a clear understanding of the finances involved. This causes confusion and dissatisfaction - two feelings that we never want our clients to experience. That's why we publish our rates, and make sure that all financial questions are answered to the client's satisfaction, before we move forward with any representation.
Honest Risk Assessment
We'll say it again - we are not in the business of sales. Legal action - whether it's a simple counter-proposal on a severance offer, or a full-blown lawsuit - always involves some element of risk. To skim over that fact would be a grave disservice to our clients. Before we agree to representation, we make sure our clients understand all benefits and risks involved in our proposed course of action. Our goal is to give you the tools necessary to make an informed decision for yourself. At Tremain Artaza, you can expect an honest, straightforward evaluation of:
- the merits of your case;
- the drawbacks and hurdles in your case;
- the chances that you will prevail;
- what you are likely to recover if you do prevail; and
- what the costs and risks will be if you proceed.